Sunday, June 19, 2011

Spring Tractor Show


Today I went with my dad and a couple brothers to the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum in Vista, CA for their Spring Tractor show. This is one of those things that I always think I'm going to go to but then I forget and miss it. This time I planned ahead to make sure it was on my calendar. The museum is in the northern part of San Diego County and the site is quite large. There are a lot of permanent installations and a lot going on. People had all kinds of engines on display, most running and some in various states of repair. A lot of interesting designs. There were lots of demonstrations and interesting tractors driving around. As soon as we got in the gate it was easy to tell that my dad was going to have a good time. Being an engineer and inventor, not to mention coming from a farming family, he really enjoys seeing how things work. It's amazing that people have the patience to restore some of these machines. Several displays had before pictures basically showing a rusty pile of parts. My favorite thing was probably the big steam powered tractors. They were basically like your own personal locomotive. We didn't get to see everything in this trip but it was well worth it. Click on the picture above for a video I put together.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time! I support an office down in Vista although I haven't traveled there for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome place! The Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum is really great, and they offer blacksmithing classes! We've been there for the twice annual Parade day! Really cool, and includes a lot of really happy people who have restored some vintage equipment as well as huge steam engines, hit & miss engines. Gasoline powered clothes washing machines, man, there are some great machines!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a old collection you have. That antique gas and steam engine museum is really great collection which is totally great. Yes, it is really cool and also includes a lots of really happy people, they all have vintage huge collection.
    Garage

    ReplyDelete